Tenant Targeting ahead of completion
Two years ahead of the ribbon-cutting, 11.5 percent of the office space and the food court are under offer and the private members club is in late stage negotiations
Dubai International Financial Centre(DIFC), UAE
91,000 sq m of office space; 14,000 sq m of retail & lifestyle
Two years ahead of the ribbon-cutting, 11.5 percent of the office space and the food court are under offer and the private members club is in late state negotiations
The 53-storey development is designed to attract some of the world’s most powerful financial companies. It will provide them with the services and resources they expect globally but which have not been offered in the UAE. The restaurants, leisure facilities and retail will enable office staff to work and relax without leaving the building or the half-acre landscaped garden it is set in. In a region where pre-leasing is rare, our brief is to seek the ideal corporate and other tenants, persuading them of the benefits of committing themselves well in advance of the inauguration date. Twenty months ahead of the ribbon-cutting, 11.5 per cent of the office space and the food court are under offer, and we are in late stage negotiations with a private members club. Announcements can be expected shortly. We expect that all the space will be leased well before the building opens.
- Showing prospective tenants that this project will complete on time.
- Explaining why tenants should sign up early despite reduced corporate budgets and uncertainties in the global economy.
- We began preparations considerably ahead of normal local timetables - arranging introductions and sending out commercial offers some 24 months prior to completion.
- We are drawing on our international reach to find the most suitable tenants.
- Our analysis of the advantages of the DIFC expanded the potential numbers of interested parties.
- Explanations of the project plans were crucial to highlight the features that ICD Brookfield Place is pioneering.
- The development will raise the benchmark for offices in the region - demonstrating that Dubai can match the standards and quality offered in New York and London.
- Signing tenants up early sets a precedent for future development in Dubai. Illustrating the results that come from forward planning, makes the region more attractive to global investors and tenants.